Painting In Between Life and Lives

Georgia O'Keeffe once said something to the effect that 'painting is what we do in between life'. I have been painting a full schedule of commissions, in between life and death and life. In February 2016 Bella my precious greyhound came to the end of a beautiful and long run of 14 years.
Bella 2002 at seven months

Bella February 16th , 2016 at the end of her  long life's run

I have all the feelings but none of the words to describe the loss of  our precious companion. All the left over love I had for Bella did have to find a place to go. It wasn't long before I had dreams of greyhounds. In a reoccurring dream event, my mother would walk through my dreamscapes with a brindle greyhound on a leash and in the dream I would always say "I'm not ready" and my mother would always reply "Well then I'll just keep walking her until you are." Thanks Mum.

In March this little girl came into our lives. Thank you Bella for leaving me with that leftover love because I needed it all to work through the issues of our new challenging rescue greyhound, Chickee.
Thank you to Greyhound Pets of America, MA. Four months later now and we are in a different world with our Chickarina. She is healthy now, willing to learn and earning more independence as she learns who she is as a retired greyhound, dog and part of our furry and un-furry family. And she is beautiful to me. 


Comments

Popular Posts