What makes YOU Happy?



Taking a walk in Burano on a sunny day and finding all the little quirky places full of life and laundry lines. It's full of color, light and life.

Laundry lines make me happy but you all know that by just looking at my paintings. This SoWa First Friday on March 4th, I will be showing the suite of paintings I call "Looking at Life". Based on my walks in Burano, these eight paintings depict my joy of discovery in looking at the homes and lives of the Buranese. Using my artistic license, I have recreated my feelings more than I have recorded the scene. Some homes are real some are imagined. The home in the painting above "Who lives There?"; real or imagined? That was REAL! Gottcha.

So what makes you happy? Tell us this First Friday in the Happy Post project started by my friend Mario Chamorro. He believe happiness is contagious and so I am trying to help him prove it by spreading happiness. Mario has happy agents from all around the world collecting Post-It notes from individuals with the words or drawings of things that make them happy. We want to know what makes you happy. So, we will have Post-It notes and markers in my studio for you to contribute to this fun non-profit project. We will also have on the wall , an installation started from Post-It notes that he collected in Boston. We need your happiness to help it grow.

Comments

happy to run across your blog. color makes me happy too. thanks for sharing.
Hi Christine, I see you use color beautifully too. Be happy.

Popular Posts