Encaustic painting and that's not all











Last Weekend we were back in Maine, Sedgwick to be exact. It's on the mainland right before Little Deer Island. Beautiful weather, wonderful company , great food and I did terrible painting. My heart wasn't in it. I had work at home I wanted to do: tone down the Green Clothesline (don't ask but it's all good), paint the big cup that I love which is on my easel and get back to my encaustic studies.

However, when I got back home, the fall plants that I ordered were waiting for me. So this week I was "farmer Marian". With all that I still managed to get to the art store and lo and behold there were encaustic tools. Could I resist? NO! When I got home did I do my studio work? NO! I went downstairs just to try a few things and ended up doing two landscape studies and I re- worked the apple (looks like the apple on the left now) for better or worse or the same but different.
My friend Maria asked me if the "love affair" with encasutic painting is still going strong. The answer to that is "The honeymoon is over but I am still in love. But now I see how much work I have ahead of me." Isn't it always that way.

I will be showing at the Brickbottom Open Studios this November 17 th and 18 th. I hope to show the encaustic work to see what people's reactions are. They don't know my other work so they will see it fresh with out prejudice.
That is worth the price of admission. So it goes. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts