NAA Newton Free Library Show 2015 - Dr. and Mrs. Leslie Russel Award - Mary M. Tinti PH.D, Curator, Fitchburg Art Museum

Newton Free Library Show 2015 - The Dr. and Mrs Leslie Russel Award - Golden Light Buoys
 by Marian Dioguard, 2015, 20 X 24 in., oil on panel, $2,150

"I was first drawn to this painting because of its bold colors and perfect seasonal subject. They make me think of butter soaked lobster rolls, swimming, sailing and all the good things that come with summer. Upon closer examination, though, I realized what I really loved about this painting was the painterly, crackled surface treatment of the buoys themselves. The thickness of the paint here, absolutely suggested the old age of the buoys, making this image both viscerally tactile and wonderfully weathered. These buoys seem like they have had great summer adventure and I would love to hear the stories they would tell." - Mary M. Tinti Ph.D. Curator, Fitchburg Art Museum, 2015

Comments

Popular Posts