Naughty Girl

Naughty Girl by Marian Dioguardi c2014, oil on panel , 28 X 36 "

This painting got me into so much trouble. A previous posting described the error of my ways by completing the most forward cup first because I couldn't take my eye of the cup model in the still life; its luminosity was so captivating. I was a naughty girl because I broke a rule of painting and lost sight of the painting as a whole. The following weeks were all about making everything work. Many changes were made along the way; the most recent being adding two cups in the background. The biggest change was changing the color of the background green from what was there to what worked better. That background change cascaded into another week of color adjustments. In the end, like a naughty girl, I enjoyed the results but I paid for it!

Comments

Popular Posts