How long does it take for you to paint that?

"Too long! " I say 
Two months - two paintings. Yes, the paintings are large but at this rate there will only be twelve paintings to show as an entire year of work. I am trying a process that I hope will have me thinking and painting faster. For 2014 I have decided to begin each new set up for a painting with a very fast study completed in one session. No drawing, no corrections, no composition; all mixing,shapes and getting painting up. It's not about  accuracy, it's about immediate decisions and reactions. With all that said here is the first study vs the painting for this year. Please forgive the snap shot quality  of the images because neither painting has been color corrected for the computer screen.

Study for Party Time,  12 X 16 inches (@ 30 X 41 cm), oil on aluminium by Marian Dioguardi
Party Time, 30 x 30 inches (76 X 76 cm) oil on panel by Marian Dioguardi


Comments

Popular Posts