Why NOT make it simple?

Dioguardi home studio October 2013
Chaos, entropy, equilibrium, simplicity. Paintings start out with permutable possibilities. Painters bring their sense of order, resting the image in one state of their own making and preference. Today's question was asked by the woman who understood the elegance in the simplicity of Italian cuisine, Marcella Hazan. Her cook book has helped me put food on the table and her death today has given me food for thought. Why not make it all as simple as one can?

But simple is not synonymous with easy. Simple can be the end result of complicated systems and processes.

I like simple things but not necessarily in simple ways. And so my paintings, which come out of chaotic and messy possibilities, depict a simple objects of life. They simply make me happy in the rest state.Why not?

Comments

Popular Posts