SoWa First Friday, October 2013

Ready for a Wild and Crazy Day, 8" x 6", oil painting c Marian Dioguardi

Tonight is the October First Friday at the SoWa Guild studios at 450 Harrison Ave, Boston from 5-9 PM.
I will be there as will my studio mates Will Kirkpatrick and Gene Mackles. This even takes place on the First Friday of every month, all year round, rain or shine, snow or storms.

This little painting was commissioned by my friend celebrating his success in his new career.  It's been a busy year and new work is not staying on the wall for very long. Lucky me I have clients understanding enough to commission me to do the painting they want rather than taking a chance on what the painting they want being bought up quickly by other people waiting. 

Commission Policy -  I will only accept a commission if I know that I can make you happy and make me happy. Since I only paint paintings I love to paint, I don't require my clients to buy the commission. In effect, a commission from my studio is really a right first offering. I like to make it simple: no deposit and no commitment. What happens to the "Commissioned"  painting if the client doesn't love it? I don't know because that has never happened.

Comments

Popular Posts