SoWa February First Friday

Venetian Afternoon, Marian Dioguardi  c2013, 11"X  27"
It's February First Friday at SoWa , 450 Harrison Ave, Boston MA. The SoWa Artist Guild opens their studio doors from 5- 9 PM for you to stroll, enjoy and select art to brighten your home after a winter. I'm in my Studio 223B.

This painting will not be on exhibit. It's drying. This is the painting that I discussed in my last blog and yes,underneath all the stucco texture are bricks that I painted and then painted over. It's the architectural geology of a Venetian building. You can see "today" in the laundry line and the "yesterday" in the bricks. It makes me wonder about "tomorrow".

I am working on my laundry line series and I will have my latest at Newton Open Studios on April 6th and 7th. I'm motivated and painting and things are happening. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts