News From Studio 223B - SoWa First Friday, March

Will Kirkpatrick
and
Gene Mackles

are my new studio mates. Will Kirkpatrick paints beautiful Barbizon style paintings of landscapes, classic New England architecture and animals. Gene Mackles paints urban life scenes of Boston and towns near and far. Both men are very accomplished painters, great colleagues and long time painting buddies of mine. We all studied under Ed Stitt but somehow we all have different styles and thoughts about painting. (That makes Ed Stitt a great teacher in my book.) We will all be together again as studio mates at Studio 223B, 450 Harrison Ave, Boston, Ma and come on by First Friday Open Studios from 5-9 to see the new work!


And maybe you can help me out here. I am not usually this way...maybe it's because I like cats but I cant decide whether to leave this cat in the painting or not...give me a "Yay" or "Nay". I will end up doing what I decided but it "caint hoit" to give me your opinion.

Comments

Mary Byrom said…
Yes but move it next to the orange curtained door. For a stronger composition.
Thanks Mary, people also voted on FB...looks like the cat will stay put thru June...then it's moving...maybe to another painting! I was also thinking of moving it into a window.....

Popular Posts