A Fresh Look at Burano

Thru Shadows to Sunshine, 9" X 12" oil on panel by Marian Dioguardi c2013
It's February and believe it or not Spring is in the air here in Boston when the snow isn't falling. I am restless for sunshine.  I am calling on those sunny October memories from my visit to beloved Burano, Italy. 

I have been painting the laundry on Burano since 1998. On my October 2012 visit to Burano and Venice I tried to take a fresh look at the spaces of a place I have been  many many times. There were discoveries. This current series from Burano is based on the alley ways. Burano is changing; homes that I have painted over the years are for sale. It's crowded with tourists on the canal but life goes on; in the back alley ways and court yards, away from the crowds. Where there is laundry, there is color, life and light.

Comments

Popular Posts