A True Tale -Painting in Venice

Want to paint in Venice? If you are planning to paint with oil or alkyd paint and to paint with brushes, my only piece of advice is to locate mineral spirits before you arrive. More tourist in Venice and far fewer residents means far less "hardware stores" for day to day living needs. If I knew how much has changed in Venice over the last two years and a half I would have asked the assistance of my friends on Lido to supply me. However, by the time I realized the time commitment to chase down a painting solvent ...it was too late. So I chose to paint some monochromatic studies. The best laid plans....

BUT..here is the interesting tale. I have a painting in my studio that was started from my last trip in 2010. It's a painting of an alley and a Sottoportego somewhere. However, I had been at a loss of how to handle he sides of the painting. The muse took pity on me.. ..so as I was walking by an alley near to our B&B, I took a look for laundry and found myself smack in the middle of the painting I had started in 2010.I set up my easel did a value study and now I will finish this painting! It is meant to be...with changes and new ideas of course. Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts