Sowa First Friday - September 7, 2012

Per Uno, 6 X 6 inches, oil on panel by Marian Dioguardi   

How the summer flies...fly away. It's September and time for the September 7th SoWa First Friday  from 5 to 9 PM. I'm in studio #223B with an extra wall to show on and new paintings. Most of the other artists are back from summer travels and so there will be lots to see and  enjoy . Come on buy :>)

The moka maker is a subject I explored about three years ago after buying one in a yard sale:the Bialetti Zanzibar, that's a classic. There was always a moka maker on Grandpa Dioguardi's  stove. They were ubiquitous in East Boston households and, of course, in Italy. But it wasn't until I bought one myself and put it down on the counter that I realized how beautiful and elegant they are. It was as if I had seen one for the first time. I did about four paintings back then and off they went and other subjects called to me

Now the moka makers are back.Over the summer,  I have been painting, in life size, moka makers ( for one, four or six  espresso cups full) . I am delighted and challenged this humble object.

Those paintings have lead to a large painting. So stay tuned....it's one on my easel now.


Comments

Popular Posts