September means getting back to work

Morning Moka Blue, oil on panel 10 X 10, $575 by Marian Dioguardi
Moka Morning Blue  is another painting done over the summer in my moka maker series. There are plans for more. It's challenging and meaningful for me to paint these little ubiquitous moka espresso makers.I grew up seeing one every morning on my Grandpa Dioguardi's stove top. But my continuation of the series will have to wait until September.

For the next couple of lazy August days I will be painting at Swan's Island with friends. "Plein Aire" (or painting outside as we call it)  painting really puts me out of my comfort zone as a painter. That is not a bad thing. And to further my discomfort I will be painting with brushes, on linen and with alkyd drying oils in a limited pallet. No pain, no gain.


Comments

Popular Posts