Seeing The Light

It was a year ago, 2011, in a post where I mentioned that I was feeling a profound shift in my work. This was not a conscious shift but something that was/is flowing out from the hand in a natural and inexplicable way. I still feel that I am in that time of change and journeys. This change has not gone unnoticed by my friends and colleagues. What is most interesting to me is that they want me to explain it...in words. 

I can't just yet because I don't understand what this is about and where it's going. What I do know is that I am still finding my motivations to paint in life. It's the color and light that stimulate my imagination and desire to make a painting. But I feel more confident and assured enough to let things go...like edges and preconceived notions about "my style" and expectations. I am accepting these moments that my hands are bringing to me.


Morning Peonies, may or may not, be a series of my Peonies opening up in a back lit glancing morning light. But I am enjoying this packages of beauty, fragrance, light and color like I have never done before. What I do know is that my brightest and hard lit paintings are done in the winter when I need the hard color and bright light. And now it's summer and tit's the time to be in the shade, cooler and looser. And so are the paintings. And so it goes.


Comments

Popular Posts