Looking forward to the Merry Month of May

Flowing Flowers, oil on panel, 20" X 16', Marian Dioguardi copyright 2012

As the April hours wane my painting has become more urgent. This is never a bad thing. Immediacy can be the painter's friend. The Merry Month of May is bringing many events that will be turning my painting hours into  organizational hours. This happens and it's all part of being a professional painter. As my friend Stapleton Kearns says "You've got to do the trip".

I have had a wonderful show at Athan's European Bakery and I really need to thank John Quatrale for inviting my work into this space, Aris and Angela, the management but especially the wonderful staff who were so very kind to my parents and very accommodating as well as all the patrons with all their wonderful feed back and support. The show comes down on Monday the 30th at 11 AM. Thank you all.

Then next weekend it all begins: Sowa First Friday, May 4th, Interview with New TV, May 5th, Sowa Art Walk, May 6th and the Newton Open Studios on May 19th and 20th. I hope to meet you at one of these fun events. I will have all my new floral works and more unseen pieces currently in my drying room (a basement room that houses the heater). 

Quick discussion of the painting above. It started with a real yellow wall in Burano ( Light on Walls! )and the window did indeed have dark blue shutters (not very common) but the flower box was a little slow to start with five meager geraniums and a bit of violet fuzz. I like to think that this is how the window looks now, after time has let it flourish. Painters can envision the future and make it now.

Comments

Popular Posts