Backwards and Forwards 2011-2012




To follow on my earlier post on November...more rectangles! Here is a painting that I actually tried NOT to paint. It wouldn't let me go. It just kept calling to me and so I am bringing it into being so I can get on with other ideas (maybe). It's very strange how some pieces have a voice of a Muse whether you want to hear it or not. It's a voice that is as persistent as a cat at 4 AM who wants something "Me-Now".

Thank you all for a very successful year. It was a pleasure to paint and see my paintings become yours. I feel very appreciated. It's the energy that I need to go on to another year of following the Muse down the unknown path. I am hoping that it's not a Siren I am following to the rocks.

Christmas has ended with the twelfth day of Christmas, the Epiphany or Befana . So now it's forward into 2012 starting off with my solo show "The Color and Lightness of Being" at the Concord Art Association January 4 thru 31st running concurrently with their Juried Member's Show I. The reception is this Saturday, January 14 from 2-4 PM. I'll be there.All are invited.

February the 3rd, First Friday, much of my work will be in my studio for that month.

From March - April, I will be showing selected works at Athan's European Bakery, Brooline,MA in an Italian themed show curated by my friend John Quatrale. Athan's has a special spot in my heart won over by their cookies.Their beautiful wedding cakes make me want to get married again. No wedding reception but I will be having an artist reception to be announced!

Then May brings Newton Open studios, May 19 and 20th. I am bringing back a very special event by hanging the art throughout the first floor of my historic Arts and Crafts home so that you can experience art the way I want it to be....on a wall, in a home.

I am booked for shows throughout the year. Stay tuned for more details and surprises.

Comments

Popular Posts