More favorite things





I love to draw and when I am drawing I like to think about what I am drawing. What I don't like to think about is sharpening a pencil. So a mechanical pencil with a 2mm graphite (lead) in varying hardness is one of my favorite things. I like the Sanford Turquoise Mechanical Pencil, the Staedtler Mechanical Pencil but my favorite of favorites is the Koh_I Noor made in Italy. I find it very helpful to draw with a pencil when I have to get a drawing accurate. It's that somatic memory, using a pencil for tests and math problems that make me get very serious about getting the drawing correct. Charcoal is for fun. Pencils are for work.



Here is the progress on my ongoing painting. It's on my easel now. It's not done yet but it is further along from last week's post. I have long since left my photo reference and so figuring out lighting options, colors and such is taking a little longer than I thought. The painting is not wonky ... my photo is here.

Comments

Popular Posts