Finishing Up

This blog has been a long time coming. Why? Because other things required attention. The good things: organizing for open studios and shipping paintings to galleries. The bad things:looking for stuff that I lost over the course of twenty days of being extremely busy. The ugly things: cleaning up my studio. That has to be done once a year whether I want to or not.



But I am back on schedule, painting, blogging and enjoying the company of good friends, family and pets. So, after I made the changes in the still life I went in and blocked in as near as I could observe the overall color and value of the broad shapes.

The next day, I went back in over what I had painted and resolved the finer, smaller shapes and values of each object. And to my surprise, I finished the painting. This is what the painting looks like fully resolved.

Last but not least here is the painting in full color. I am told that green can be a difficult color to work with but I decided that this green was the only color that could bring everything together.

Comments

Heather Whiting said…
WOW, I absolutely love the finished creation! And I am so very grateful to you for sharing the process with us every step of the way. It has been a truly illuminating experience and I have enjoyed it very much. :)

Popular Posts