Life is Beautiful



The title of this painting is Life is Beautiful. The title arises from my fascination with laundry as the flags of life. I found this to be a striking image, the shapes of the silhouetted black clothing against a festive and pastel lit court yard. I see it as a tension between the weight of the horizontal black laundry line against the beautiful verticals of Bright Buranese homes. "Beauty will save the world."

And on to my monthly reminder that tomorrow night in the SoWa First Friday. And you are invited by to the open Studios of 50 artists. I am in Studio 223B, 450 Harrison Ave, Boston, Ma. There are 13 or 14 new paintings from my current laundry line series. Just walking in to the studio will make you feel warm and happy. And if it really is going snow tonight, you are going to need a good dose of Italian sunshine.Monica Cesarato tweets me the weather from Venice everyday and I hate to tell you this but its been beautiful there!Thank you Monica because no matter what the weather is here the sun is out somewhere.

Comments

Popular Posts