Cure for Cabin Fever - Art Everywhere!


I am very honored to have been invited to be one of the first two painters invited to participate in Art new England's Art Everywhere initiative, bringing art into alternative gallery spaces. It's my kind of thing. I like it when art shows up in unexpected places. Since, as many of you know, color is my thing. This is celebration is my prescription to cure your cabin fever.

You Are Invited to a New Grand Gallery Opening!
This Friday evening, February 4th, from 6-8 PM the new Art Everywhere Gallery at the Boston Center for Adult Education celebrates their grand opening with my oil paintings and water colors of Jacob Higginbottom. Join us for the opening celebrations with a complimentary wine and hors d'oeuvres reception at the Boston Center for Adult Education (BCAE), 122 Arlington Street, Boston MA.617-267-4430
This show is an Art New England's ArtEverywhere Project, showcasing art in exciting alternative gallery spaces. Join us!

And now a report on Snow Camp!


The red truck in snow was painted over the first two days in grey, cold, steely, and snowy weather. Did you know that snow can bury your pallet so that you can't see your paint. It's ironic that I should have brought my sun umbrella.



This is a little scene, Snow Path,which I started on our last day. Sure, it was clear and sunny but it was also 5 degrees below zero when we got out there, warming to a balmy 14. I was only able to work on it for about an hour and a half.I will have to finish it from memory.

Comments

Popular Posts