The What and Why of Snow Camp



There are the scenes from my windows at home this morning... and you wonder why I paint hot sunny paintings all winter. Wonder no more. I need the color.



Tomorrow, I will pack as much warm clothing that I can possibly wear and still be able to move and head off to Stapleton Kearn's Snow Camp, Year 2; far into the White Mountains. We paint snow. There is no color quite like white. And that's why I sign up for this insanity. It's also fun to meet and be with other crazy painters in this shared insanity. Stapleton, sometimes called the Frank Zappa of painters is vastly entertaining as he is knowledgeable. So next week Ill show you what I did or didnt do there. The weather is expected to be warmer than last year. Lucky me

Comments

Mary Byrom said…
Go Marian! With the warm temps you are getting it will feel like Florida compared to last year... can't wait to see the pictures!

Popular Posts