Real Art




Image 1: My first pass at the study - incorrect values and little drawing issues
Image 2: The B&W image showing actual values of the live set up.
Image 3: My latest version with the corrections in value made and drawing issues resolving.

When last I left off, I was correcting values and minor drawing conflicts. This study is going so much slower than I thought because there has been so much to attend to in my "other life"- out of the studio. Today we are leaving for the Catskills for two nights, visiting good friends . I'll take my traveling painting set up but most likely I will not get to paint. Sometimes us painters, can forget that the real art of life is connecting with people. Paintings "don't have your back" the way friends do. Ever try hugging a painting? So, I am really there to visit with friends and that doesn't mean sitting on a couch watching the same TV program.

Anyway , the little time I had to work on this study was put to good use. It's coming along..I'll show you the colors when this is all finished. Surprise! In the meantime , use your imagination. The cups is a light limey green..what other colors did I set up here? Back ground? Take your guesses and have fun.

Comments

Popular Posts