Pretty in Pink


The suite shown here, all wrapped up in cellophane and ready for delivery, was a commission for a Valentine's day gift for someone who loves pink and also loves my work. I had so much fun doing this suite. I looked forward to going into my dungeon studio and painting every day. In fact I enjoyed it so much thatI will start paintings a cup/saucer inspiration every a day starting sometime around the middle of April but I have no idea when I will stop. A whole wall full of them? One painting leads to another and so it goes with ideas with one idea leading to another. Creativity begets creativity.

It's also a wonderful reductionist observational way to simply paint only the color and shape I feel is essential to my impression of the un-filled cup as my personal expression of joyful anticipation and simple moments.A study in simplicity.

Comments

Popular Posts