Second Paint Day on Yin and Yang



As you can see, I continue to adjust the colors and some values as the light in my studio shifts, even with the blinds down. Some days the color appears warmer to me and other days it seems cooler. I have to strike a balance and a decision as to what my own impression is. This happens on the last day of painting, when I will dismantle the still life and paint from the image that remains in my mind's eye.

Also, here, the filter on my camera is exaggerating the warms in the light but I wanted to clearly demonstrate the changes I made to the foreground and the Meyer and Chang black Chinese food container from time before. OK..stay tuned...it's not clear that I'll get to paint today. Life demands attention.

PS. I really didn't get the color of the inside lids of the white container to my satisfaction. This was the problem on my mind right before I fell asleep. I woke up this morning thinking "cadmium red light". Maybe?

Comments

Popular Posts