As I get closer to realizing the painting to completion,the changes become more subtle and more discreet and maybe even hard for you to notice. But add all the little changes up and it's the most important time for a painting; determining what I am not satisfied with and then changing it. I took to heart some advice I was given by another VERY experienced artist;"never leave anything on the canvas that you don't like." He is right. Because in the end, I am the one who has to put my name to it.

PS. Thank you to Karen Masterson and nourish Restaurant in Lexington for putting on a wonderful reception last night. It was an icy night but a warm time. The hummus and the falafel hit all the right notes and the ribs were soft and tender and juicy and delicious. Than you all for coming. It was a great get together. I'll be going back!

Comments

Popular Posts