When Art Finds a Home (or when a home finds art)



I don't know whether it happens to every artist, painter or maker but there are always certain works I become very attached to. I am often asked "How can you let someone buy that". And the answer isn't easy, it's complex especially with pivotal works that get me thinking in a new direction. But I'll try to give the simple answer, that answer is FAITH. I have to believe that I have within me the motivation, the passion and the ability to continue to create. That my creative drive does not end with an ultimate work. Each work contributes to the piece before and have faith that I will feel as passionately about the next painting as I did about the ones that were bought. And as another painter once said it so well 'an artist's favorite painting should be the NEXT one'.

So this month I say farewell to five of my favorite paintings as they find their appreciative home. May the passion I had in creating these works be passed on to the next.I am grateful for the opportunity to be tested yet again. Stay tuned.

Comments

Unknown said…
I love this post.. some days i do doubt I'll ever be able to paint anything again!! it's not a fun feeling.. you're right.. just faith..we've done it before.. we can do it again!

Popular Posts