Stapleton Kearns Snow Camp





I have always loved winter and snow paintings. This may surprise you because you are thinking "Where's the color in that?". As Ward Elliot Hour said "The color of spring time is in the flowers. The color of winter is in the imagination."

I have only painted two paintings of winter, ever. Shown here ;Winter Crow a Snow Day and Cold. But I own about seven paintings done by other artists dealing with snow scenes because I just love the colors of white and the way in which other artists have rendered cold and snow in paint. However, finally I will have to put up or shut up about wanting to paint in the snow because my husband is sending me away to Stapleton Kearns "Snow camp workshop" In February, in the white mountains to paint, in the snow! My boots are rated at 100 degrees below zero but what about my paint? I guess I will find out. So stay tuned.

Comments

Popular Posts