An Honor


This week end, The School of the Museum of Fine Art informed me that my piece, A Little Pink,was bought by Dana Farber for their notable art collection. This collection includes the work of Warhol, Alex Katz, Lichenstien and Oldenburg. It's a great honor for me to be sharing the walls with these great Ameerican Artists.

But most of all I am honored by having my work in this special institution of hope. My dear friend, Alma was a patient at Dana Farber during the last two years of her battle with breast cancer. More often than not I would accompany her during these visits. When we were at Dana Farber together, the art on the walls gave us both relief from worry, treatment and the cancer situation. Alma loved art. Alma Kretchmer was also an early collector of my work. She had great faith in me and it's truly bitter sweet for me that she did not live to see my work on the Dana Farber walls. But I can't help but feel that maybe she IS seeing it and smiling. May Little Pink give everyone a little hope to get through their day at Dana Farber. Thank you all.

Comments

Popular Posts