Time


I can't believe it's been ten days since I last posted and ten days since I last got to work in encaustic. Since then - good news and bad news.

Where to start? The bad news - no new encaustic work. My new hot air gun arrived BUT I realized that Hylla Evans was absolutely correct; I needed a variable fan as to not blow the the melting wax away or around more than I want. So I packed up the gun and I am waiting for the newer and better hot air gun. Do you care? Probably not but anyway...The encaustic workshop which I signed up for through the Copley Society is only in two weeks. I am really looking forward to it. Really

Hey, there is a segue into some good news: I have been invited to submit an full application to the Copley Society. I passed the first hurdle by submitting a screened application. But this is the amazing part,: I have to wait a year to submit my full long application with an original painting. Yikes! Yes, I have started to get it all together. You'd be surprised how fast a year can go by. No kidding.

Painting! Remember this blog was suppose to be about painting? I am painting. I am nearly done with the large stack. It will be finished this week. I am nearly done with the single large cup for my client who wasn't able to accommodate "A Change in Circumstance" in her home. You can see the painting of it in this blog. It's nearly done. And one more "nearly done" the Green Clothesline. I did glaze the green, toning it down to a little more of an earthy green. Fine tuning a painting is a good thing for me when external forces require me to push a painting further, I learn.

Other good news. I sold two of my favorite paintings of mine. Tipping Point and Cup in Waiting. Thank you and Enjoy, Betsy!I would have been willing to keep these paintings hanging in my own home but sometimes they get away. I also have a commission for another stack and there is talk about two clotheslines commissions in the air. All is good. I get to keep painting. That's what it is all about.


Comments

Popular Posts